Since our beginning in 1973 volunteers have played a significant role in our history by providing food and services to the homeless; allowing us to keep our doors open to the needy each day. Here are some ways you can get involved. The Drop Inn Center needs both individual and group volunteers. For individuals, businesses or volunteer groups, there's always an opportunity to get involved, whether for a one-time event or an on-going program:
- Feed the Need: Become a part of our Feed the Need Program. Simply bring a meal for 200 to the shelter and serve it to our homeless residents. This program is a great team building experience for any group or business and provides a significant benefit to the shelter by reducing our food costs. You must call ahead and reserve a day and meal time in advance. Please try to provide a protein, vegetable, fruit, and dessert. Contact us at 513-562-1948 or click here to make your reservation.
- Short on time? For those who want to help and support our meal program, but don’t have the time, simply send us a check for $300 to cover the cost of a meal.
- Please note: If you want to come to the shelter and serve a meal to the homeless, you must either bring a meal for 200 or send us a check for $300 to cover the cost of a meal.
Chicken Pot Pie, Salad, Lemonade, Brownies
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Peas, Cookies
Lasagna, Corn, Garlic Bread, Fun-Size Candy
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Conduct a donation drive at your school, church, or office. Sell END HOMELESSNESS bracelets within your school, church, or office.
- Assist with resident surveys.
- Sort and organize donations.
- Organize a food or hygiene drive.
- Make phone calls for company donations.
- Share your talents with our residents (play an instrument, sing, crafts, etc.)
To schedule your volunteer opportunity, please contact the Volunteer Department at 721-0643 x 112.
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM
Please sign up @ www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Select the Drop Inn Center as the organization that you would like to support.
DONATE THROUGH PAYROLL DEDUCTION
The Drop Inn Center is a member of Community Shares of Greater Cincinnati. Being a member of Community Shares allows you to donate through payroll deduction to the Drop Inn Center. For more information, please visit their website at www.cintishares.org.