Since our beginning in 1973 volunteers have played a significant role in our history by providing food and services to the homeless; allowing us to keep our doors open to the needy each day. Here are some ways you can get involved. The Drop Inn Center needs both individual and group volunteers.
For individuals, businesses or volunteer groups, there's always an opportunity to get involved, whether for a one-time event or an on-going program:
- Feed the Need: Become a part of our Feed the Need program by bringing a meal to the shelter and serving it to our homeless residents. This program is ideal for any group or business and provides a significant benefit to the shelter by reducing our food costs. You must call ahead and reserve a day and meal time in advance.
Contact us at 513-721-0643 x101 or click here to make your reservation
- Short on time? Buy us a meal and we’ll cook it and serve it for you. Plan on enough food for 200 people. Or you can also send us a check for $200 to cover the cost of a meal. We strive for balanced meals. Please aim to provide a meat item, a vegetable or fruit, a starch, and dessert.
Chicken Pot Pie, Salad, Lemonade, Brownies
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Peas, Cookies
Lasagna, Corn, Garlic Bread, Fun-Size Candy
- Conduct a donation drive at your school, church, or office. Sell END HOMELESSNESS bracelets within your school, church, or office.
- Help answer phones and resident questions.
- Conduct resident surveys.
- Sort and organize donations.